W-2s for Your Children Under 24 Years of Age

When filing your income taxes, make sure you bring any W-2s you have for your children. This way your tax preparer can figure out if your child should claim themselves or you should claim them. DO NOT let your children file their own tax returns, as in most cases they will claim themselves and that […]

Read More

New Connecticut State Taxes

For my Connecticut friends. Get ready for the new Connecticut state taxes. From what we are hearing, and this is preliminary, there will be a Connecticut state income tax increase. There will also be a lower deduction if you pay real estate taxes and automobile taxes which are deductions on your Connecticut state tax return. As we receive […]

Read More

Tony’s Tax Tip

If you’re a retired military veteran you can deduct 50% of your retirement income from your Connecticut tax return.

Read More